The Herman and Rose Fisher Library
The Herman and Rose Fisher Library is home to thousands of books, DVDs, CDs and periodicals encompassing Jewish fiction and non-fiction for children, teens, and adults.
Curbside Pickup Now Available
All current library members, including children, have their own accounts and can sign in to the online catalog. Just click on “Sign In” in the upper right corner and type in your first and last name (no spaces). From there you can check circulation history and reserve items for pickup.
However, if you would like an extra level of security, please contact email@example.com to set up a unique pin number that only you and the library will know.
Here’s how you can use the library.
Step 1) Search the online catalog using this link.
This can be done with or without a library membership (contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to sign up). You can place items in a book bin for your own reference and even post on social media!
Step 2) Library members: Click on the “Sign In” button in the upper right-hand corner. Type in your first and last name (no spaces) and a pin number if you’ve created one (contact email@example.com to create a pin). Children have their own separate accounts. From here you’ll be able to see your circulation history, renew items, or reserve for checkout. Please expect a delay of a few days as requests are processed.
Step 3) Reserve items: Click on “Reserve” under the item, indicate the reservation date range if desired, and click “send.” The Library Director will process the request and send an email notification that the item is ready for pick up.
Step 4) Pick up and drop off: Items will be placed on a table inside CoM’s outer door and may be picked up Monday-Friday, 8am-12pm (unless otherwise stated). Items may be returned in the same manner. If these times are impossible, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work something out.
Here is a list of e-resources with extensive Jewish content that we hope you will find interesting. Stay safe and healthy.
Who may use the Library?
- Any child or adult affiliated with the Congregation of Moses, Temple B’nai Israel, Temple Beth El (Battle Creek), or the Marvin and Rosalie Okun Kalamazoo Community Jewish School (MROKCJS) may have full use of the Library without restriction.
- Those not affiliated with an area synagogue or MROKCJS will be asked to pay a nominal annual fee for borrowing privileges. (See our Circulation Policy here)
How to use the Library
All new members will be added to the Library database. (See our Circulation Policy here)
- If Library is staffed: Bring item(s) to desk to be checked out.
- If Library is unstaffed on a non-holiday weekday: write your name, title of item, and checkout date on clipboard on desk.
- For Shabbat and holiday checkout, use the card system found on the front round table. (See our Shabbat & holiday checkout procedure)
Special Programs – Dates to be Announced
- Story Time and Text Discussion – Sunday mornings during religious school
- Author Series – Fall or Spring programs focusing on locally or nationally known Jewish authors, open to the public.
- Annual Used Book Sale – Gently-used (and often new) items, proceeds of which go directly to fund new library acquisitions.